The technique of ion exchange for the tartaric stabilization of wines.
1. Wine stabilization.
2. Decrease in ph of wines and musts partially.
fermented, prevents the addition of acids.
3. It improves the organoleptic characteristics.
4. Management of calcium ion.
The method, the activation procedure and the installation developed to allow to eliminate only the desired amount of potassium, to guarantee the perfect tartaric stability without negatively altering the characteristics of the wine.
The process is fast and automated, does not require the use of particularly specialized personnel and usually does not involve the addition of
substances in wine.
The main feature of the installation is its high productivity, which allows to work up to 400 hl / hour and can be achieved in a short time
Correlated positive effects are also obtained:
- The increase in acidity of tartaric acid.
- The lowering of the ph.
- Vivid colors in red wines.
- Elimination of some molecules responsible for negative odors.
- Other unwanted ions such as calcium, iron and copper are partially eliminated.
- Working on the musts before fermentation to regulate the pH, greater protection against attacks by bacteria such as brettanomyces is obtained, which could negatively influence the correct course of the alcoholic fermentation and the quality of the wines.